Review: Conrad New York Statue of Liberty View Suite

Conrad New York Statue of Liberty View Suite

Redeeming 80K Hilton points for one night at the Conrad New York was definitely one of the best things I´ve done, considering how high hotel rates are in the Big Apple. Breakfast is complimentary for Diamond members and I also got an upgrade to a corner suite with breathtaking views of the Hudson River and the Statue of Liberty which made our stay truly unforgettable 😍


Cairo to Honolulu Run with the Pyramids of Giza and Pearl Harbor Tour

Review: Turkish Airlines A330 Business Class, Stockholm-Istanbul
Review: Hilton Istanbul Kozyatagi 1 Bedroom Suite
Review: Turkish Airlines Business Class, Istanbul-Cairo
Photo Review: Ramses Hilton Executive Suite
Review: JW Marriott Hotel Junior Suite
Exploring the Pyramids of Giza
Photo Review: Business Class Lounge, Cairo T2 (CAI)
Review: British Airways B789 Business Class, Cairo-London
Review: British Airways B747 Business Class, London-New York
Photo Review: American Airlines Admirals Club JFK C, T8 (JFK)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge, New York JFK T8 (JFK)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, New York-Los Angeles
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Los Angeles to Honolulu
Review: Holiday Inn Express Waikiki
Pearl Harbor and Honolulu City Tour
Photo Review: JAL Sakura Lounge/AA Admirals Club, Honolulu (HNL)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Honolulu to Los Angeles
Photo Review: Qantas First Class Lounge, Los Angeles (LAX)
Photo Review: OneWorld Lounge Los Angeles (LAX)
Photo Review: American Airlines Flagship Lounge T4 (LAX)
Review: American Airlines Business Class, Los Angeles-New York
Photo Review: Hampton Inn Manhattan-Madison Square Garden Area
Review: Hilton New York Grand Central Junior Suite
Review: Conrad New York Statue of Liberty View Suite
Photo Review: British Airways Galleries T7 (JFK)
Review: British Airways B777 Business Class, New York-London
Review: British Airways B789 Business Class, London-Cairo
Photo Review: Egyptair Almeisan Lounge T3 Cairo (CAI)

Date of stay: April 8-9, 2018
Address: 102 North End Avenue, New York, New York, 10282, USA
Room: Booked 1 King Deluxe Suite, upgraded to Corner Suite with views of Hudson River & Statue of Liberty
Area: 430 sq.ft.
Nightly Rate: 80K Hilton Points
How to get here: From the airport, take AirTrain JFK Red and get off at Jamaica Station. Change to line E from Sutphin Blvd. and get off at Path Station World Trade Center. The hotel is a few minutes walk from there.

Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Hotel Exterior & Entrance

Conrad New York

Conrad New York

Escalators to the lobby

Lobby

Conrad New York lobby

The lobby was even more beautiful with the lights lit 😍

Front Desk & Concierge

Conrad New York front desk

Conrad New York Concierge

Check-in

I arrived at the hotel around 4pm and was helped by a friendly associate who did the check-in process efficiently. I was told that I got a corner suite and if she is not mistaken, it is one of only 3 suites with the view of the Statue of Liberty from the bedroom 😍 They really know how to make their elite members feel special. Thanks so much guys. Moments later, I was handed my room key and I was on my way to my room on the 8th floor.

Elevators

Conrad New York elevators

The highest floor is the 15th floor, and then there is the Rooftop Bar on the 16th floor although it was still closed for the season.

Hallway

Conrad New York hallway

Statue of Liberty View Suite, 823

The living room was very nice, with modern design and bright atmosphere.

There's a flat TV ...

... and some Audio and Video ports.

Conrad New York stationery

Wet Bar with a Nespresso coffee machine and 2 bottles of mineral water

Glasses and coffee cups

Minibar

Safe

Right past the living room and the bathroom is the bedroom. And since it was a corner room, I had views of the Hudson River on one side and the Statue of Liberty on the other 👍

King bed

Bedside table with the phone and the TV remote

Wall mounted TV

Inside the wardrobe, you'd find the bathrobes, umbrella, iron, ironing board

Clothes hangers

The Conrad New York slippers are one of the best slippers I've used 👍

Conrad New York bathroom

The toiletries are from Shanghai Tang, just like on my stay at the Conrad Beijing.

Walk-in shower

The best part of this suite is of course the view of the Statue of Liberty from the bedroom 😍

View of the Statue of Liberty 👍

From the other side, I had fantastic views of the Hudson River.

After enjoying our Staten Island Ferry Tour, we were back to the hotel and found this welcome amenity consisting of a fruit plate and 2 bottles of water plus the Conrad Bull 😍

There was also a card with the breakfast voucher.

Although I've stayed at different hotels and got rooms with fantastic views, I don't think there's a better room than this one where I could see the Statue of Liberty right from my bedroom.

Floor plan

Breakfast, Atrio Restaurant

Atrio Restaurant

Atrio Restaurant

Open kitchen

Dining area

Breakfast Menu

As a Diamond member I was entitled for a complimentary breakfast item costing up to 20USD per person. There was also a special menu with five items to choose from and from there, my sister had the Scrambled Eggs Bruschetta which she said was very good.

Scrambled Eggs Bruschetta

Buttermilk Pancakes

I on the other hand chose from the regular menu and had the Buttermilk Pancakes costing exactly 20USD so I didn't have to pay anything extra. The pancakes were perfect 😋 A hot and cold drink was also included and I had a cup of green tea.

Hotel Amenities

Fitness Center

Business Center

Barber Shop

Exploring the Area

Taking the ferry to Staten Island to see the Statue of Liberty 😍

Me, my sister and Ate Luna with one of the twin Memorial pools 😉

CONCLUSION

I have stayed at different Conrad hotels in the past including the Conrad Manila, Conrad Hong Kong and Conrad Centennial Singapore and just like my stays on these hotels (where the quality of service from the staff are unparalleled), my stay at the Conrad New York was no exception. The rooms were beautiful and modern and the breakfast although not that extravagant was very good. But the thing that made my stay an unforgettable one was the fact that I got a room with the view of the Statue of Liberty. I actually said good night, good morning and bye to her a lot of times 😉 And I don't think I would have received such an upgrade if I had not been a Hilton Diamond member. As they say, it always pay to be loyal. To all the staff of Conrad New York especially to Ms. Amanda VerPlank, I can't thank you enough. Hope to be back soon 😍

Comments