Review: Conrad Beijing Executive Corner Room

Conrad Beijing Panda Bears


Trip to Sydney and Flying with the Princess of Thailand in THAI First Class

Review: Conrad Beijing Executive Corner Room
Photo Review: Air China International Business Class Lounge, T3E (PEK)
Review: ANA B787 Business Class, Beijing to Tokyo
Video Review: ANA Suite Lounge Gate 110, Tokyo Haneda (HND)
Review: THAI B747 First Class, Tokyo to Bangkok Flying with the Pincess of Thailand
Video Review: THAI Royal First Lounge, Bangkok Airport (BKK)
Review: Silver Kris Lounge, Bangkok Airport (BKK)
Review: THAI B747 First Class, Bangkok to Sydney
Exploring Sydney
Photo Review: SilverKris Lounge, Sydney Airport (SYD)
Photo Review: Air New Zealand International Lounge, Sydney (SYD)
Photo Review: Airport Business Lounge 1 Moscow Domodedovo (DME)

Video from my YouTube Channel 📺


Date of stay: February 26-27, 2018
Address: 29 North Dongsanhuan Road Chaoyang Dist., Beijing, 100020
Room: Booked King Room, upgraded to Executive Corner Room
Area: 58 sq.m.
Nightly Rate: 45K Hilton Points with free breakfast as a Diamond member
How to get here: From the airport, take Line 1 Bus and get off at Baijiazhuang bus stop, costs 25 Yuan. Taxi is about 150 Yuan.

Hotel Exterior & Entrance

Conrad Beijing exterior

Conrad Beijing

Conrad Beijing entrance

Lobby & Reception

Conrad Beijing lobby

The hotel lobby was gorgeous with the usual Chinese design although the lobby of The Peninsula Manila is still my favorite 😉

Conrad Beijing reception

Check-in

I arrived at the hotel around 4pm and was immediately helped by Zoe, one of the associates working that afternoon. She welcomed me as a Hilton Diamond member and informed that I had been upgraded to an executive corner room. The upgrade was not like the "suite upgrades" I got at the Conrad Centennial Singapore nor at the Conrad Hong Kong but still a nice one 😉 She then gave me the usual hotel information like breakfast hours, wifi code, etc and and then asked for the 1500 Yuan deposit for the incidentals. I also asked if she could book a taxi for me at 6:15am the following day since my flight to Tokyo departs at 8:25am. She was very friendly and efficient and within a few minutes, I was on my way to my room.

Conrad Beijing room key

Elevators & Hallway

Conrad Beijing elevators

The highest floor is the 29th floor.

Hallway

Executive Corner Room, 2309

The room was beautiful and spacious offering fantastic views of Beijing's city skyline and the Tuanjiehu Park.

King bed

I had requested for the panda bear prior to my arrival and found it waiting for me on the right bedside table 😉

Placed on the left bedside table were the clock and the phone.

46 inch TV

TV channel programs

Work desk

Office supplies 😉

Lounge chair

Chinese tea set 😉

Coffee and tea making facility, bottles of mineral water

Nespresso 👍

Minibar

Minibar


Bathrobes

Iron and ironing board, umbrella

Safe

Slippers, laundry bag, etc.

Double sink bathroom

In-mirror TV 👍

The usual bath amenities were from Shanghai Tang with Mandarin tea fragrance although I did order the Refinery and Temple Spa from the Hilton app as well.

Toothbrush, comb, etc.

Hair dryer

Digital scale

Walk-in shower with Shanghai Tang bath amenities

Toilet

The bathtub was lovely offering wonderful city views 😍

Bath salt, soap

Temperature and light controls

Orientation map

View from my bed 😍

Beijing city skyline view

Turndown Service

After having dinner from the Executive Lounge, I returned to my room and found that the housekeeping staff had already done the turn down service. I also got another panda bear 😉

Executive Lounge, 29th Floor (6:30am to 11pm)

Executive Desk

Conrad Beijing Executive Lounge seating

Seating

Seating

Seating

Seating

View of the lake 👍

Afternoon Tea (3pm to 5pm)

Conrad Beijing afternoon tea

Cucumber gazpacho, coco mochi, homemade sandwich

Bread

Tiramisu cake, peach mousse, strawberry truffle, trio chocolate mousse, fresh fruit tart

The mix berry crumble compote was delicious 😋😋

Plain yogurt, fruits

Tomatoes, cucumber, corn

Cold drinks

Drinks

Coffee

Selection of tea


Happy Hour (5:30pm to 7:30pm)

Cheese

Chicken nuggets

Braised vegetables

Vegetable bun

Salad

Coke, Sprite, Heineken Beers

Alcohol selection

Patio Cabernet Sauvignon, 1421 Cabernet Sauvignon

Breakfast, Chapter Restaurant (6am to 10:30am Mon to Sat; 6am to 11am on Sundays)

Chapter Restaurant entrance

From the name, you'd guess that it has something to do with books 😉 I really liked the design of the restaurant as well as the extensive selection of the food.

Seating

Seating

Seating

The grand staircase 😉

The antique "European Library" design was beautiful 👍

From the menu

From the menu

From the menu

Here are some of the pictures from the breakfast buffet:

Muffins


Juices

Duck roll, yellow pea cake

Hot dishes


Plain congee


Hot dishes

Hot dishes

Cheese

Smoked mackerel, smoked salmon, salami

Turkey ham, smoked chicken breast

Dumpling, corn

Cereals

Muesli, strawberry yogourt

Fruits

Fruits

Lobby Lounge


A visit to the lobby lounge is made more special with this lady playing the harp 👍

Hotel Amenities

25 meter heated indoor swimming pool


Whirlpool

Lockers

Changing room

Fitness center

Business center

Business center

Exploring the Area

Very close to the hotel is the beautiful Tuanjiehu Park. It was a bit windy and cold so I did not stay long although I could imagine this place being crowded during warmer days 😉

Tuanjiehu Park

From the park, you could see the Conrad Beijing 😉

Lake at Tuanjiehu Park

Taxi to the Airport

As per my request, the taxi was already waiting for me after my breakfast. It took about 35 minutes to reach the Beijing Airport Terminal 3 and the cost was 158 Yuan. Unfortunately, the taxi smelled of cigarette smoke.

CONCLUSION

With a flight to Tokyo leaving at 8:25am the following day, I had originally booked the Hilton Beijing Airport using my Hilton points. But since I really wanted to have the Conrad panda bear for my collection, (the Conrad Beijing also required lesser Hilton points) I then decided I'd stay here. To get to the hotel, I took Bus 1 which stops very close to the hotel, about 200 meters. The room I got was lovely and spacious, and with the view from the bathtub, I was actually forced to bathe which I don't normally do as I prefer to shower 😉 All the staff I had encountered were super friendly and spoke very good English, which was impressive as I know it's not that common in China. The hotel amenities were very nice especially the indoor pool. I also loved the fact that there was a lady playing the harp in the lobby lounge. As for the food offering in the Executive Lounge during afternoon tea and evening cocktails, it was extensive 👍 The same is true with the breakfast buffet from the Chapter Restaurant which aside from the very good food quality had this unique ambience 😉 Overall, I really had a wonderful stay at the Conrad Beijing and I would definitely stay here again when I'm back in town 😍

Comments