Receiving Birthday Cakes From Hotels & Airlines

A birthday cake from Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik 🍰

Last updated: June 13, 2023

I am fortunate to be traveling a lot (thanks to my part time job) and for the past years, I've always been away from home during my birthday which is March 30. This means that I have always celebrated my special occasion staying in a hotel where I was given a birthday cake. It's very much appreciated when hotels recognize that it's your birthday and they try to make it even more special in their own little way 👍👍  Here are some of the birthday cakes I've received through the years.


Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport, March 21, 2015

Hilton Madrid Airport, April 4, 2015

Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri Abu Dhabi, May 26, 2015 (this is for Mike's birthday)

Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik, March 30, 2016

Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Izmir, March 29, 2017 (Ooops, they even made me a year younger)

Hilton Izmir, March 30, 2017

Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus, April 4, 2017

Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus April 2017, a bottle of champagne 🍸

As if the birthday cake and the bottle of champagne were not enough, I was also upgraded to a Park Suite with Balcony 👍 (April 2017)

Ramses Hilton, April 2, 2018

JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, April 2, 2018 (yes, I stayed at both the Ramses Hilton and here on the same day 😉)

Hilton Da Nang, March 28, 2019

Hilton Garden Inn Hanoi, March 29, 2019

Conrad Hong Kong, March 31, 2019 (We also got upgraded to a King Executive Peak Suite.

DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai M Square, March 27, 2022

DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai M Square, March 27, 2022

DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai Business Bay, March 28, 2022

DoubleTree by Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Beach, March 30, 2022

The WB Abu Dhabi, a Curio Collection by Hilton, March 31, 2022

Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers, April 1, 2022

DoubleTree by Hilton Abu Dhabi Yas Island Residences, April 2, 2022

Hotel Indigo Larnaca, May 2, 2022 on Mikes birthday

Hilton Edinburgh Carlton, March 27, 2023

DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh City Centre, March 28, 2023

Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, March 30, 2023 (no cake but got this lovely stuffed toy for free)

Hilton Doha The Pearl, May 2, 2023 (Mike´s birthday)

Waldorf Astoria Lusail, May 3, 2023 (Mike´s birthday)

Airline Cakes

Aside from birthday cakes from hotels, I've also received a few birthday cakes from different airlines while flying. Both Emirates and Turkish Airlines offer this if you are traveling on or around your birthday (for free) and which I have taken advantage of, while other airlines like Cathay Pacific charge for it. As with Etihad Airways, we were given a special cake by the crew when they learned that it was our first time flying in the Etihad A380 First Apartment. Here are some of the pictures of my airline cakes.

Etihad Airways A380 First Apartment Abu Dhabi to London, May 27, 2015

Emirates B777 Business Class Dubai to Stockholm, March 21, 2016

I also got a souvenir picture to take home with me although the best part of this flight aside from it being my 100th flight in business class was I sat behind the King of Sweden on this flight 😍

Turkish Airlines Economy Class, March 27, 2017