Review: Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest Junior Suite

Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest lobby

Date of stay: November 1-2, 2017
Address: 1-3 Episcopiei St., District 1, Bucharest, 010292, Romania
Nightly Rate: 20,000 Hilton points with breakfast (as Diamond member)
Room: Upgraded to Junior Suite 😍😍
How to get here: From the airport, take bus 783 to the city and get off at Piata Romana. The hotel is a few minutes walk from the bus stop. Return ticket is 8.60 lira

*From January 2023, this hotel becomes InterContinental Athenee Palace Bucharest


Video Tour


Hotel Exterior & Reception




Lobby





5th Floor Hallway


Junior Suite, 531



LG TV

Wifi

Living room

Work desk

Living room

Coffee and tea, in-room

Minibar

Safe

Bible

Bathrobes

Slippers

Luggage rack

Bathroom

Peter Thomas Roth amenities 👍

Bathtub

Toilet

Orientation map

View from my room

When I got back to the room from the Executive Lounge, I saw this welcome amenity which was some sort of plum drink and a ROM chocolate bar. Merci guys 👍👍

Amenities

Open to members (non staying guests as well)

24-hour fitness center

Indoor pool (6am to 10pm)

Business Center,1st floor (7am to 7:30pm)

Executive Lounge, 5th Floor (6:30am to 11pm)








This business center is located outside the lounge, near the executive desk.

Outdoor seating

Fantastic views of the National Art Museum and Revolution Square 😍😍

Revolution Square as seen from the Executive Lounge 😍


Snacks & Refreshments, 10am to 6pm





Pre-dinner Snacks, 6pm to 8pm







Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, 6pm to 11pm

Terase Danubiene wines


Botter Prosecco 😍

Breakfast, 6:30am to 10am




Breakfast, Roberto's Restaurant (6:30am to 10am M-F, until 11am on weekends)










Hot dishes including grilled tomatoes, sauteed potatoes, pork bacon, egg, sausage


When I came back to my seat after getting some food from the buffet, a glass of orange juice and cereal were on my table, probably because they knew I was a Diamond member 😍 Thanks guys!

CONCLUSION

As a Hilton diamond member, it was easy which hotel I'd choose to stay at as there were only two Hilton properties in the city (the other one being a Double Tree). Since the Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest had really great reviews, I did not hesitate and booked it. I arrived at the hotel before 3pm and was welcomed by one of the associates who welcomed me as a Diamond member. She told me that I had been upgraded to a junior suite located on the 5th floor and which is on the same floor as the executive lounge. She gave me the usual hotel informations like wifi password and timings for breakfast and then gave me my room key. Although the design of the room is not modern, it was spacious and had everything I needed. It was facing the courtyard which was great since it was more quiet than if it had been facing the street. I also got a welcome amenity which consisted of a small bottle of Bran plum drink and a ROM chocolate bar 😍 In the Executive Lounge, it was interesting to see reminders on the buffet to NOT take food and drinks inside the room as they are to be consumed inside the lounge only. I guess it had been a practice in the past among guests 😉 The pre-dinner snacks were actually more than sufficient to be a full dinner which was impressive as it had appetizers and three hot meals. The view from the terrace was unbeatable as well 😍 The hotel also has a 24 hour fitness center and indoor pool, as well as a business center. The breakfast buffet in the main restaurant had an extensive offering and I especially loved the local sausage 😋 As for the location, it is just a few steps away to the Romanian Atheneaum and Revolution Square which is just perfect. It was my first time visiting Bucharest and my stay in this hotel just made my trip even more memorable 😍

Comments