Review: Platinum Lounge, Terminal 2A Schengen Budapest Airport (BUD)

Trip to Budapest and Berlin in February

A couple of weeks ago, I traveled to Budapest and stayed there for three nights. I stayed at both Hilton properties and then on my way back to Stockholm, I spent one night in Berlin. I flew with Lufthansa via Munich in economy class so I did not include any flight reviews but I was able to visit a few lounges along the way. From Berlin, I flew on SAS in economy class but with my Star Alliance gold card, I was able to visit the Lufthansa Senator Lounge in Berlin.


Photo Review: Lufthansa Senator Lounge G24, Munich Airport (MUC)
Review: Hilton Budapest City
Review: Hilton Budapest
Top Attractions in Hungary
Review: Platinum Lounge, Budapest Liszt Ferenc Airport (BUD)
Photo Review: Lufthansa Senator Lounge G28, Munich Airport (MUC)
Review: Lufthansa Senator Café, Munich Airport (MUC)
Review: Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West
A Day in Berlin
Review: Lufthansa Senator Lounge, Berlin Tegel Airport (TXL)

Platinum Lounge, Budapest Liszt Ferenc Airport

Date of visit: February 15, 2016

Location: Terminal 2A, transit area, next to gate A12
Access: Business Class passengers flying on airlines like Lufthansa, Iberia, Aegean, Finnair; status members of Star Alliance, One World and Sky Team; Priority Pass members
Opening Hours: 5:00am to 8:00pm

I left the Hilton Budapest City shortly before 6am and arrived at the Liszt Ferenc Airport around 6:50. The terminal was still "about to wake up" so it was still very quiet.

Liszt Ferenc Airport duty free shops

I followed the signage to the Platinum Lounge although I got a bit confused and had to ask another lounge's receptionist for its location.

Platinum Lounge access board

Reception

Platinum Lounge reception area

I was welcomed by one of the receptionists upon presenting my Lufthansa mobile boarding pass and then made my way to the seating area where two other guests were enjoying their coffee.

Seating

Platinum Lounge seating

Platinum Lounge seating

Platinum Lounge seating

Dining

Platinum Lounge dining and buffet area

Platinum Lounge dining area

Platinum Lounge dining area and self-serve bar

Platinum Lounge breakfast buffet spread including cold cuts, cheese, etc.

Platinum Lounge, fruits, jams, cereals, bread, chocolate bars and chips

Platinum Lounge mini fridge with yogurt, milk, etc.

Platinum Lounge self-serve bar

Platinum Lounge selection of red and white wines, spirits

Platinum Lounge coffee machine, bottles of water

Platinum Lounge menu card

Work & Entertainment

Platinum Lounge, one of two PCs with printer

Platinum Lounge reading materials (newspapers and magazines)

CONCLUSION

Last week, I was able to visit the Platinum Lounge at Liszt Ferenc Airport in Budapest before my flight on Air Dolomiti to Munich. This is a pretty small lounge but nevertheless, it never really got crowded during the whole time I was there. The sofas were comfortable and although not that spacious, was still okay for a contract lounge. The food and beverage selection was quite good and there was also a menu card where one could order items (chargeable) like Ham and Cheese Grilled Toast during breakfast and Caesar salad, Mixed sashimi and Kinko Bento among others after breakfast hours. There was also 2 PCs and the complimentary wifi connection was actually pretty fast. One thing that was missing though was a toilet although there is one located outside the lounge. Overall,  for a contract lounge, this is a nice lounge offering good food/drinks selection and fast wifi.


Related Posts

Finnair Lounge Non Schengen T2, Helsinki Vantaa Airport (HEL)

Santa Maria VIP Lounge, San Jose Airport (SJO)